This dish is guaranteed to be the star of your next backyard barbeque! We have perfected our Hot Link recipe over the last 70 years and we are confident that this will be the best Hot Link dish you will ever have!
- 4 Schwab’s Famous Hotlinks
- Bag of Large Shell Pasta
- ½ to 1 Cup of Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup of Dry White Wine
- ¼ Cup of Chicken Stock
- ½ Cup of Sour Cream
- ½ Cup of Velveeta
- Bag of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tabs of Butter
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- Minced Garlic to taste
- 1 Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- Diced Parsley to taste
- Fresh Cracked Salt and Pepper to taste
Schwab’s Baked Hot Link Mac N’ Cheese Cooking Instructions
- First, preheat oven to 390 degrees for baking
- In a large cast-iron skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat to saute your desired amount of garlic for the dish.
- After garlic has sauteed, add the heavy cream, white wine, sour cream, chicken stock, Velveeta, and butter to the pan making sure to reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Allow the mixture to simmer and reduce for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the cream mixture continues to simmer, bring a large pot of water to a boil, making sure to add plenty of sea salt to the water.
- After the water boils, cook the pasta until tender.
- After straining the pasta, place it back in your pot, leaving about ¼ cup of water.
- Next, pour the simmering cream mixture over the pasta while it is in the pot
- Next, add in roughly 1 cup of shredded cheese and a diced poblano pepper to the pasta mix.
- Add 4 sliced Schwab’s Famous Hot Links and mix it thoroughly.
- Transfer entire pot of Hot Link Mac n’ Cheese back into the cast iron skillet, coat liberally with panko bread crumbs and bake at 390 degrees on top rack in oven for 15 minutes or until top is golden brown