- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of White Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Dry Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon of Red Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Gumbo File Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 3 oz Pork Fat Trimmings
- 4 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 6 oz Chicken
- 6 oz Schwab Andouille Sausage
- 1 ½ Cups of Onions, Chopped
- ½ Cups of Celery, Chopped
- 1 Cup of Bell Peppers, Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons of Minced Garlic
- 2 Cups of Uncooked Rice
- 4 Cups of Chicken Stock
Jambalaya with Schwab’s Andouille Sausage and Chicken Cooking Instructions
- Combine all the ingredients for the seasoning mix in a small bowl and set aside.
- Use a large, heavy skillet over high heat to melt pork fat, then add margarine.
- Add chicken and andouille and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced onions, celery, bell pepper, seasoning mix, and garlic
- Stir and cook for 10-12 minutes until browned.
- Stir in rice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Bring mixture to bil, reduce heat and simmer, uncover for about 20 minutes until rice is tender but still crunchy!