Empanadas- Prime Rib
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely shredded
- 150 g ground beef
- 1 clove of garlic , pressed
- 5 slices of chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 can of tomato puree (70 g)
- 1/2 bag of fresh parsley (a 30 g), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (djinten)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- hot pepper sauce (bottle of 85 ml)
- 6 slices of puff pastry (frozen), thawed
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Bake onion and mince for 3-4 minutes while stirring until minced meat is loose. Stir in garlic, chorizo, tomato puree, parsley, cumin and cinnamon and fry for 2 minutes.
- Season the meat filling with salt and hot pepper sauce. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Lay the slices of dough on top of each other and roll them out on a floured kitchen sink into a thin piece. Stick out 16 rounds of 8 cm diameter from dough with cut-out shape or glass.
- Scoop the minced meat mixture on the middle of the dough, brush the edges with water and fold the dough over the filling (= empanada). Press edges with fork. Grease the baking tray. Place the Empanadas on top, lightly sprinkle with paprika powder and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until done and brown. Serve Empanadas warm or at room temperature.