Dutch Baby -Sausage
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk, unflavored
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (you can also just use a second small tomato if you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine eggs, flour, almond milk, salt, and thyme in a blender and blend until smooth (will only take 30 seconds really). This mixture can also be mixed by hand if desired.
- In an average sized skillet (cast iron is preferable), place the 4 tablespoons of butter and put the skillet in the oven to melt the butter. Watch the oven and take the skillet out as soon as the butter is fully melted but before it starts to brown/ burn.
- Pour the batter over top of the melted butter and place the skillet back in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. It’s done with the pancakes is all puffed up around the edges (sometimes in the middle a bit too) and it has a nice golden brown color to it.
- While the dutch baby bakes, make the filling by placing the chopped veggies, olive oil, and garlic powder into a skillet. Saute on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the onions become translucent. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the dutch baby is done, top it with the sautéed veggies, fresh parsley, avocado, and fried eggs. AND ENJOY!!